Sunday 5 June 2011

Mumbai boy Shubham Lalwani tops AIEEE

Mumbai boy Shubham Lalwani topped the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE), 2011.
The Central Board of Secondary Education declared the results on Sunday. The results were announced after the Delhi high court refused to stay the announcement of result of 10th AIEEE exam, which was rescheduled on two dates following reports of leakage of question paper. The entrance exam, scheduled for May 1, was postponed by two and half hours after reports of leakage of question paper came in.
Seventeen-year-old Lalwani aced the exam with a score of 345, and top all India ranking.
“I expected to get in the top ten but never thought I would get the number one ranking. I am extremely surprised,” he said.
A resident of Deonar, Lalwani did his schooling from RN Podar School, Santacruz. But he moved to Maulana Azad College in Aurangabad for his class XII. “I moved to Aurangabad for a year because the college offered me personalised training and expert guidance. I have been able to secure this rank because of their efforts,” he said.
Lalwani was an exceptionally bright student all through out his academic years. He had scored a 95.8% in his class X CBSE exams. In the AIEE, he secured near perfect scores in Maths (120), Chemistry (120), but scored the lowest in Physics (105).
Though he fits the tag of a bookworm, he denies it vehemently. “I only studied two or three hours in a day. Instead of mugging from text books I focused on understanding the concepts. That is my success mantra,” he said.
Lalwani wants to pursue engineering from IIT-B in Powai. “I want to become an astronaut and go to NASA for training. But in the long term, I plan to work with ISRO and contribute to space science research in India,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment