Tuesday 28 June 2011

I am Kalam to screen at Buckingham Palace

The latest accolade to come the way of Smile Foundation's I am Kalam is a special invite to be screened at the Buckingham Palace. After winning 12 national and international awards, this is another achievement for the film.Prince Charles' invite came after Gulshan Grover wrote to him about th
e film's message to promote education in India. The Prince felt moved by the idea and decided to appreciate this novel work.

I am Kalam is about a child labourer Chhotu who decided to educate himself. He is inspired by former President APJ Adbul Kalam.

Harsh Mayar, who plays Chhotu, has a real life rags-to-riches story. He was raised in a slum in Delhi.

The actor won the 58th National Award for the Best Actor in the child artiste category. "It feels good to be appreciated for my acting. I am speechless," he told Mumbai Mirror after winning the award.

Incidentally, the award-winning child actor had applied for a role in Chillar Party, but was rejected.

He was chosen from among 3000 actors to play the role of Chhotu in I am Kalam.

No comments:

Post a Comment