Wednesday 19 October 2011

Nepal PM recalls his JNU days

KATHMANDU: Recalling fondly his student days in India, Nepal's Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai on Wednesday said he owed a lot to the education system of the neighbouring country, where he got his basic training in political matters.

"I owe a lot to the education system of India, especially the Jawaharlal Nehru University," Bhattarai told PTI on the eve of his maiden visit to New Delhi.

His remarks came in response to a question about his student days in JNU.

"In fact, I spent much of my 20s in India, starting from Chandigarh to Delhi. And those were the most formative years when I got my higher education," Bhattarai, also the Vice President of the ruling Maoist party, said.

"...I got my basic training in political matters in India," the Prime Minister said.

He said when he visits Delhi, he will also meet his old friends and teachers from JNU.

No comments:

Post a Comment