Thursday, 13 October 2011

Officials explain how to apply to study in America

VERNA: A lecture-cum-discussion on Higher education in the US and on applying for US visas was held at the Padre Conceicao College of Engineering, Verna, on Thursday.
The presentation made by the US-India Educational Foundation shared that India was second only to China for the highest number of students studying in the US.
"You can start your graduate studies in the US after you complete 16 years of education in India, including 3-4 years of college education. The planning should begin 12-18 months in advance," said Katie Plona, vice consul.
She added, "The two most common visas for US study are F1 student and J1 exchange visitor. You will not have to choose the visa, your university or sponsoring organization will determine it."
Ryan Pereira, the foundationas senior educational advisor, stressed the need to start the application process to join colleges, varsities in the US should start as early as possible.
He added that US institutions offer scholarships, assistantships and fellowships based largely on merit, but also taking pupilsa background, skills, etc into consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment